Collection: Part 2

Research

structure - lines remind of corduroy

Image

culture - styles worn in certain places where structure, patter and texture can be related to architectural bridges

not entirely appealing but strong effect

like the highly detailed hairstyle which can be seen as piece of art being extremely unique 

more following of colour scheme

inspiration of textile samples using fake hair 

inspiration for textiles samples using wire 

hair structure can be used as texture

very complex and fascinating architectural structure 

breathtaking landscape in Styria, Austria (all Christmas photographs I have captured)

Image

sun escaping through reflective surface is really intriguing

can image earthy tones of mountains and wood as colour palette for textile piece

the collapsed bridge reminds of how delicate manmade things are compared to nature

red and green contrast is very aesthetically pleasing

Christmas presents and decoration as inspiration for textures and surfaces 

07/11/17

The white show was a very captivating experience where I experienced a variety of different designing styles all of which were unique in their own way. As I observed each of the pieces separately I realised how different each of the producing techniques were and the makeup was very suitable to each individual character. Most of all I liked the extravagant pieces which were much more outgoing, vibrant and individual than the others. Those were the ones that stood out of the crowd and intrigued me most.

The christmas decorations in Christopher Place where very nicely made and inspire me to be used for pattern or structures such as in weaves, knit, stitch or print. The colours blue, purple and pink in different tones and brightness contrast in a quite exciting way being similar colours yet still contrasting in a suitable way.

18/11/17

Leicester square night life is also amazing and again astounded me for its vivid and lively, bright lights. The colours beige, red and white allow a sense of modern and antque atmosphere being medieval colours. 

The moon was a Screen projected which is displayed in such a way that it seems 3D which I thought was very interesting because it seemed as if I could feel it and was right next to it. There were further products which I considered using for future projects and such or colour pallets because of their contrast giving them a great appeal.

tangled structures relate to hair

tradition - cultural styles passed through generations 

history - different hairstyles through centuries 

so intricate reminds of certain bridge forms and shapes

looks like crocheting with different yarn sizes 

very radical, special way of present hair

can image this as textural pattern

the many branches falling in a certain way could be reinterpreted as intriguing weave

favourite part of walking around lake, taking in all the mountain air

shadows give whole image a warm atmosphere

textile patterns and lamp give warm and antique effect

Green colour tones are not only in the trees and nature but also used in our home for various types of decorations and interior designs. Therefore I decided to follow green as my general colour scheme.

intriguing structure of most visited mall at home

19/11/17

The emirates airline was an amzing experience where exploring the city lights from all kinds of bird-view perspectives. The view was mystical, vibrant and lively being so interesting as the lights moved either in repetition, differently or synchronized. This made me think about a moving image I could create with suitable colours and lights using a battery for them to catch people’s attention.

This very posh Wallace museum genuinely captured me interest because of the antique furniture and prestigious designs all of which I really like the use of correctly juxtaposed colours and furnishings. Such as below there is a photograph of light green contrasted to light purple. These two colours are very suitable for each other because they are both striking yet don’t take each others attention because they fit with each other well.

The red glass was very striking because of the bright, vivid, neon colour visible through the complex structure.

The architectural image below is displays a Fassade of overlapping bricks which at first sight didn’t seem all that special however taking the photograph I did from this wall from that perspective changed the whole picture. It makes the stones look much more lively and complex as well as unique.

hair relation to parallel structure of struts

intricacy and complexity of various bridges give great juxtaposition with hair

follow of red colour scheme from structural inspirations

thinking about effect of mixing cut up pieces into collage

love the complex texture and strict and can imagine bridge with different colour

struts look like thin strings reminding me of hair

makes me think of macrame knot techniques

highly aesthetically pleasing fashion accessories using hair

fascinated and inspired by intricate structure

can image this creating texture with fake hair manipulation on cardboard

really intricate hairstyle I can image reinterpreting into a textile structure or using crocheting, knitting and other techniques

danger and beauty of nature

mystical and fascinating landscape

this point of view gives the image a perspective of most natural living beings feeling close to the earth

Text

the partly reflected mountain on the lakes surface give the photograph a very bold and highly fascinating affect

my home gives me a feeling of safety and reminds me of my childhood

Text

very modern and aesthetic glasses reminding of icicles and lake reflections

using traditional Austrian  decoration for tasteful interior design

17/11/17

Going to Piccadilly square at night was really intriguing where seeing all kinds of colours and tones giving the city a very lively and vibrant atmosphere. Looking at the colours made me think about ideas for colour pallets I might be able to use for future projects such as in samples. It also made me think about how much a brightly lit city contrast to a dark town and changed the sleepy dull atmosphere to a lively and vivid place. That is one of the reasons they call it “The city”!

The exhibition in the Barbican centre was very interesting as had variations in projects all being unique in their own way. The tires made me think of textile samples with the use of monotone and the lamps were really interesting because they made me see how prestigious artworks can be made from very simple and everyday used objects. The movie was also great to look at as it was displayed on 5 screens and made simple movies have a greater effect through the use of suspenseful music, repetition and changing in focus. Overall though I was disappointed in the exhibition because it offered so few attractions where I wished to have seen more.

The three images below display the view from the sky garden. I love the colours and urban sight as well as sky colours changing. The sky colours changing throughout the day from yellow-blue to orange-pink-red-blue really intriguied me and made me think about the use of these contrasting colours for future projects such as in samples of textiles.

A very interesting Graffiti piece I discovered is displayed below where which all the different colours contrast as well as accommodate each other giving a vivid and lively effect where automatically catching the viewers eye and raising interest.

16/11/17

The image below of the coloured plants growing out of the wall cracks shows nature verses industrial. I was very intrigued by what what a compelling image the juxtaposition could create.

Fields marked by '*' are required.